Wheelchair Accessible Beach in Mordialloc, Victoria
25 minutes drive south of Melbourne
Mordialloc is a beautiful seaside town overlooking the beautiful bay of Melbourne. It's home to a brand new Surf Life Saving Club with great facilities, and one of the first accessible beaches in Victoria.
The City of Kingston has done an excellent job in making the surrounding area very compliant with plenty of parking and access to all areas - now incuding the beach!
LOCATION FACILITIES AND OPERATING SEASON
- Standard operating dates? December to April
- Standard matting hours? SAT + SUN 12:00pm to 5:30pm
- Accessible bathroom? Yes 😀 (during club hours)
- Accessible shower? Unknown
- Accessible change room? Unknown
- Accessible parking? Yes 😍
- Lead up pathways? Compliant 😆
- Hoist available? BYO
- Retail within 150m? Unknown
HOW TO BOOK A BEACH WHEELCHAIR
Available for free hire on a booking basis, the Mordialloc Surf Life Saving Club offer a Sandcruiser beach wheelchair for public use.
- Available for use free of charge during peak season
- Requires assistance & supervision
- Bookings strictly required
- Council information available at https://goo.gl/baK5qu
LOCATION & CONTACT INFORMATION
The Mordialloc accessible beach is located at the Mordialloc Surf Life Saving Club, on Beach Road in Mordialloc.
Contact the club directly via http://mlsc.com.au